Triple mower designed for maximum uptime
The Vicon EXTRA 687T butterfly combination has been designed with ease of operation in mind. In fact it is an uncomplicated butterfly combination purpose built to lower operating costs in terms of power and fuel consumption, with power requirements starting at only 150hp and a choice of either SemiSwing steel tine or nylon tine conditioning.
It offers 8.75m working width and is equipped with 2 x 3.18m Vicon mowing units, both fitted with 8 counter rotating triangular discs. EXTRA 687T is geared for productive work days and comes standard with an integrated parking foot for easy and convenient parking, requiring a minimum of space during winter storage.
As an option, for greater operator comfort, the ground pressure of the spring can be set hydraulically from the tractor cab. Easy to adjust, even on the go.
- 8.75m working width
- Power requirements starting from 150hp
- Integrated vertical parking stand
- Hydraulic adjustment of ground pressure (optional)
- NonStop BreakAway
- Centre suspended mowing units
- Counter-rotating triangular discs
- 600 or 900rpm conditioner speed
This feature provides easy and simple setting of the ground pressure. For greater operator comfort, ground pressure of the large suspension spring is set hydraulically from the tractor cab. On the hydraulic version the tension on the large suspension spring, which controls the ground pressure, is adjusted hydraulically, to increase or lower pressure. The chosen ground pressure level is conveniently registered from the easy-to-read scale.
Vertical Transport Position
For transport the mower folds into a compact position well behind the tractor. The folding design ensures that the weight is distributed evenly, with the weight of the mower close to the tractor. Transport height is well below 4.00m.
Parking, Safe and Sure-Footed
With the integrated parking device, storage of the EXTRA 687T is made easy and convenient, requiring a minimum of space during winter storage. The mower is firmly parked on strong and stable parking foot, bringing total height below 4.00m.
Accurate and Simple Suspension
The EXTRA 600 series is fitted with a highly efficient suspension system that includes centre suspended mowing units, efficient spring suspension and NonStop BreakAway. The mowing units are centre suspended via a suspension spring, to give an even weight distribution across the complete mower width. The benefit is less skid wear, optimum protection of the stubble and less fuel consumption.
Two Mounting Options
EXTRA 600 series can be adjusted for optimal operation according to different circumstances, such as field contours or working width of the front mounted mower. To ensure optimal overlap between front and rear units, the mowing units can be mounted in two positions on the suspension arm.
Protection of the Cutterbar
Vicon EXTRA 600 series is all fitted with the Vicon NonStop BreakAway system to protect the cutterbar. The integrated NonStop BreakAway autoreset system will protect the cutterbar from foreign obstacles. If an obstacle is hit in the field the mowing unit will swing backwards and up. This gives maximum protection of the cutterbar.
There is no need to stop - or even to reverse the tractor to get the mowing unit into working position again. When engaged the spring loaded design ensures that the Vicon NonStop BreakAway system automatically returns the cutting unit to its´ original working position.
- Due to the nylon tines fitted to the conditioner, the total weight of the machines is kept to a minimum, while keeping an aggressive conditioning.
- The fixed conditioning fingers are made from high quality nylon, to make them very rigid.
- This means excellent protection from stones and other obstacles. A perfect solution for farmer and smaller contractor machines!
- The EXTRA cutterbar is designed for low maintenance and offers a very quiet operation.
- Operators will immediately love the virtually quiet operation of the new cutterbar – convenient during a long and busy working day
- Fully welded cutterbar for a very strong construction.
- Even number of contrarotating discs for improved overlap.
- Three bladed discs for more cuts.
- Smooth stone guard design for excellent cutting quality.
- High oil capacity ensuring low working temperature.
- Low noise level thanks to specially tooled gear wheels.
- Twisted knives for a clean cut in all conditions.